Welcome to Year 3’s Remote Learning Page!
We hope this page provides you with the necessary information but please feel free to ask your child’s class teacher if you have any questions; we are always here to help.
Please post any questions in the ‘Teacher Support Group’ on Microsoft Teams (all Year 3 children have been added to this).
Please share photos of your children’s work via private chat with your child’s class teacher, also on Microsoft Teams.
At 09:15am, every weekday, your child’s class teacher will have set up a Teams Meeting for your child to attend to start their day and act as a way of keeping in touch with their class teacher and their peers. This will appear in the calendar section of Teams.
Below is a timetable of the learning that will be set each week this term, either via links in Teams or via YouTube videos:
|Year 3 Weekly Remote Learning Timetable|
|Monday||English||Maths||Reading Skills||Spellings / P.E|
|Tuesday||English||Maths||Reading Skills||Spellings / P.E|
|Friday||English||Maths||Reading Skills||Spelling / Times tables|
Online Learning Links
Log in details for any online home learning will be given within the first couple of weeks of the year.
National Curriculum Spelling Lists:
Our topic for the Spring Term is ‘From Source to Sea’ where we will be learning all about the United Kingdom and then we will move on to learn about the journey water takes from a river-source to the sea. Our main focus this term is learning about the four countries that make up the United Kingdom, human and physical features, the differences between hills and mountains and rivers within the UK.
At Carbeile, the expectations for home learning are as follows:
- To read at least three times a week and record this in the children’s reading records. This includes accessing Bug Club books (online). Reading tickets are given for children who read at least three times and a winner is chosen at random each week, during assembly.
- To complete the online Mathletics set by the class teacher. Certificates and rewards are given for individuals and classes with the highest scores and best participation.
- Times tables Rock Stars to be used to support your children’s learning of their times tables.
- To practise spellings on the spelling sheets provided. These are given out every Monday.
- To complete a few pieces of Topic Home Learning each term (please click this link for an electronic copy: Journey Through Time Home Learning). These tasks provide an opportunity to complete a range of curriculum tasks that will further develop the learning within the classroom.
Please click the following link to see our welcome letter, sent out on the first day: Welcome to Year 3 Letter