Welcome to Year 3’s Home Learning Page!
We hope this page provides you with the necessary information but please feel free to ask your child’s class teacher if you have any questions; we are always here to help.
Please click the following link to see our welcome letter, sent out on the first day: Welcome to Year 3 Letter
At Carbeile, the expectations for home learning are as follows:
- To read at least three times a week and record this in the children’s reading records. This includes accessing Bug Club books (online). Reading tickets are given for children who read at least three times and a winner is chosen at random each week, during assembly.
- To complete the online Mathletics set by the class teacher. Certificates and rewards are given for individuals and classes with the highest scores and best participation.
- Times tables Rock Stars to be used to support your children’s learning of their times tables.
- To practise spellings on the spelling sheets provided. These are given out every Monday.
- To complete a few pieces of Topic Home Learning each term (please click this link for an electronic copy: Journey Through Time Home Learning). These tasks provide an opportunity to complete a range of curriculum tasks that will further develop the learning within the classroom.
Online Learning Links
Log in details for any online home learning will be given within the first couple of weeks of the year.
National Curriculum Spelling Lists:
Our current topic is ‘Journey Through Time’ where we have been learning about the changes throughout the Stone, Bronze and Iron Ages. We will then move on to focusing on Roman Britain and the changes that clearly lead to our society being what it is today. The children will be having a Roman Day to consolidate their learning at the end of the term too; we will post photos to share this day with you.